If you are new to social media marketing, it can be a little bit overwhelming. Rather than allowing yourself to feel overwhelmed, you should take note of the 15 social media tips here and use them to your advantage.
1. Use images in your posts – This is an excellent way to keep people interested in what you have to offer.
2. Post frequently – Logging in and posting every once in a while is not going to cut it.
3. Engage your visitors – Take the time to reply to all of the comments you receive from others. This will help you connect with your target audience, and get them further down the road to knowing, liking and trusting you.
4. Avoid overselling – Don’t try too hard to sell your products and services. People dislike pushy salespeople.
5. Be hashtag responsible – Guard against overusing hashtags. While they are useful for increasing user engagement, don’t go crazy here.
6. Stay on point – Always keep things relevant. Going too far off topic will reduce user interest.
7. Avoid confrontation – Don’t respond negatively to bad feedback. Respond and stay professional, and keep your head above the fray.
8. Don’t get too verbose! – Long messages tend to make readers head for the exits.
9. Be active in comments – Always allow users to comment and show up to engage there. Disabling them signals that you don’t care what users have to say.
10. Stay consistent – Use scheduling tools to post when you can’t. Tools like Hootsuite, Buffer and others make this easy.
11. Be visual – Post videos and other graphic content as much as you are able. These get far more engagement and are shared much more than mere text.
12. Focus your efforts – Pick a few social media platforms to focus on and do those well, rather than spreading yourself too thin attempting to hit everyone. Consider the majors like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
13. Mix it up – Post different types of content so as to keep things interesting. Post, videos, memes, product reviews, testimonials and more.
14. Be generous – Everyone loves a deal, and offering them to your social audience is a terrific way to gain trust and shares.
15. Keep it light – Don’t forget this can be fun! Don’t be afraid to be a little edgy, and not so PC!
Thompson Digital – Social Media – Are you too busy running your business to market it? We can help…
Get in touch: Click here